Wir suchen noch Moderatoren für den rF Bereich. Wer Interesse bitte bei Witty melden! Danke

Miami, with his homecoming under

in Tracks 10.08.2019 09:39
von elaine95Dreirad Fahrer | 12 Beiträge

COSTA MESA http://www.seahawksfootballauthentics.com/marquise-blair-jersey-authentic , Calif. (AP) — The Los Angeles Chargers were able to address one of their biggest needs during the first round of Thursday’s draft by selecting Notre Dame defensive tackle Jerry Tillery with the 28th overall pick.The Chargers have one of the best defensive end combinations in the league with Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram, but depth at defensive tackle has taken a hit during the offseason. They released Corey Liuget prior to the start of free agency while Darius Philon and Damion Square departed as unrestricted free agents.“His inside pass rush ability is what stood out from the tape,” general manager Tom Telesco said. “He runs very well for a big guy. He has size, length and is very flexible.”The 6-foot-7, 305-pound Tillery was a second-team selection to The Associated Press All-America team after leading the Fighting Irish in sacks (eight) and forced fumbles (three). He had 30 tackles, including 10½ for loss, and five quarterback hurries to help lead Notre Dame to the College Football Playoff semifinals.Tillery’s selection not only provides depth, but gives the Chargers an athletic pass rusher up the middle who could challenge for a starting spot. He joins a defensive tackle group that includes 13-year veteran Brandon Mebane and Justin Jones, who was drafted in the third round last year.Tillery played in 50 games with 35 starts during his collegiate career and recorded 13½ sacks. The Chargers were one of his pre-draft visits.“I knew they were interested but I tried to approach each visit the same,” Tillery said. “I think with my size, length and athletic ability, I put them to good use to become a great technician in my pass rush ability and also using my leverage to stop the run.”Tillery’s best game last season came on Sept. 29 against Stanford when he had four sacks and a forced fumble. He played most of last season with a torn labrum in his right shoulder and had surgery in March. Tillery said he had a checkup with his surgeon last week and that he is on schedule to be cleared for contact by the start of training camp in late July.Tillery could also be utilized on special teams after he blocked two kicks last season.This is the third time in the past four years that Telesco has taken a defensive player in the first round. He selected Bosa with the third overall pick in 2016 and took safety Derwin James 17th overall last year. Telesco said he did not receive many offers to trade out of the pick D.K. Metcalf Jersey , and that Tillery was the only player remaining on their board with a first-round grade.“He is a solid first-round player. You don’t always get that at 28,” Telesco said. “I was fine to take a guy on our board at the top or middle of the second round if we couldn’t trade out. It worked out that Jerry was there.”The Chargers still have needs at linebacker, free safety and guard, which they are expected to address on Friday and Saturday. DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — The subject was playing through pain, and Miami Dolphins running back Frank Gore drew on his extensive experience to share his thoughts with teammate Ryan Tannehill.Gore’s an ageless model of durability, while Tannehill plans to return from a throwing shoulder injury and start for only the sixth time in the Dolphins’ past 31 games when they play Sunday at Indianapolis .“He knows how much we need him,” Gore said. “It’s football, though. Everybody is going to be in pain from here on out. Talking to him when he wasn’t playing, he wanted to be out there. He knows that he’s going to be in pain, but you can tell that he wants to play, so that’s a plus for us.”The 35-year-old Gore will be in the lineup too http://www.seahawksfootballauthentics.com/cody-barton-jersey-authentic , which almost goes without saying. He’ll start his 119th consecutive game, by far the most of any active running back.That includes 48 games with the Colts in 2015-17. They then let Gore go, providing him with a little extra motivation when he faces his former team.Not that he needs any.“I want to win,” he said. “I’m going to go out there and try to be me.”The Colts know he’ll do that, and remember Gore fondly.“He’s the kind of teammates everyone wants to have,” Indy quarterback Andrew Luck said. “He always seemed like he was a step ahead, and I’d say, ‘How did you know that?’ And it was always hard for him to explain. He just knew.”The Dolphins (5-5) can count Gore as one of the bright spots in a season full of downers. He beat out the more explosive Kenyan Drake for the starting job and leads the team with 528 yards rushing, padding a career total that is the highest among active players and fourth on the all-time list.And this year may not be his swan song. Gore’s yards per carry average of 4.5 is his best since 2012 with San Francisco. Anyone who has watched him break tackle after tackle this year can believe he’ll be back at 36.“I feel like as long as I’m healthy and blessed and feeling good and know I can still play, I’m going to play,” he said. “I’ll evaluate myself at the end, my body Gary Jennings Jr. Jersey , and see if I still want to go out in the offseason and train to get ready for another year. That’s when I’ll make my decision.”He’s already a rarity at a position not known for longevity. Last week he became the first player to rush for 500 yards in 14 consecutive seasons, one more than Hall of Famers Walter Payton and Emmitt Smith.The achievement won Gore plaudits from around the NFL — and beyond.“Frank is my favorite player of all-time that I’ve ever coached,” said former 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, who is now at the University of Michigan. “Surpassing Walter Payton and Emmitt Smith is incredible, just incredible.”Equally impressed — but not surprised — is Dolphins coach Adam Gase. He was a 49ers assistant in 2008, when Gore ran for 1,036 yards for them.“Our guys watch him practice, and it’s almost like you forget where he’s at in his career,” Gase said. “He treats it like he’s an undrafted free agent almost. He practices extremely hard. He finishes everything he does. There’s a lot of pride there. Seeing him 10 years ago and then seeing him now, there’s just not a lot of differences in how he plays and what he can do.”Gore is still chasing a Super Bowl championship ring, and hasn’t been to the playoffs in five years. He thought he would get there with the Colts, but injuries to Luck and others sabotaged their chances.“It just didn’t go the way I planned it http://www.seahawksfootballauthentics.com/phil-haynes-jersey-authentic , but I had fun,” Gore said. “The organization was great. Great people there. We fought.”It has been more of the same in Gore’s native Miami, with his homecoming undermined by a wave of injuries to Tannehill and others.Meanwhile, the old man at running back just keeps showing up for work. Others may be surprised Gore is still going strong, but he’s not.“I know how I train,” he said. “I know how I go out every day in practice. I know in the offseason how I get myself ready. Competing with guys younger than me at my position, being around them every day, that helps me.”And he learned a long time ago how to play through pain.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Agreed Faste
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1148 Themen und 1496 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: