Wir suchen noch Moderatoren für den rF Bereich. Wer Interesse bitte bei Witty melden! Danke

From his experience playing on offense in high schoo

in Tracks 25.07.2019 08:31
von panxing18Dreirad Fahrer | 203 Beiträge

l to the team culture he learned at UVA Tanoh Kpassagnon Jersey , Thornhill is prepared for his role with the Chiefs" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteArrowhead PrideArrowhead Pride | Kansas City Chiefs Schedule, News, Roster and StatsLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpSeriesLatest NewsFanpostsFanshotsCommunityAboutStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteSeries Stagner ThingsLottery Tickets ’19Summer of SpagsDixon’s MailbagLatest News Fanposts Most recentMost activeFanshots Community Community GuidelinesContactAbout StubHub ✕Filed under:Kansas City Chiefs NewsSafety Juan Thornhill missed OTAs Thursday but looms large in the Chiefs’ plans for 2019New,15commentsFrom his experience playing on offense in high school to the team culture he learned at UVA, Thornhill is prepared for his role with the ChiefsCDTShareTweetShareShareSafety Juan Thornhill missed OTAs Thursday but looms large in the Chiefs’ plans for 2019Trevor Ruszkowski-USA TODAY SportsThe Kansas City Chiefs had to do without rookie safety Juan Thornhill on Thursday during their OTA session at Arrowhead Stadium’s practice facility.In his media availability, head coach Andy Reid said Thornhill had tweaked a calf muscle, and the team was going to let him sit out until it was healed.The Chiefs will want Thornhill back as soon as possible.With each passing day, the 6-foot, 210-pound free safety seems more prominent in the team’s plans for 2018.Veteran safety Tyrann Mathieu said on Thursday that Thornhill has demonstrated a nose for the ball during offseason workouts.“There’s a lot of production at the football,‘ Mathieu remarked. “I think anybody who’s been out here really watching our practices each and every day [can see] he’s getting his hands on the ball. That’s hard to do as a young guy coming in. The game is a lot faster playing against an MVP-type quarterback and a lot of weapons on offense. I think ultimately, he believes in his ability. I think that confidence always puts you above the rest of the group.”Mathieu’s statement is consistent with Thornhill’s words in an NBC Sports I Am The Prospect video produced before the 2019 draft.“I’m a ball hawk. When the ball’s in the air, I’m going to be next to the ball — very close to making the play, or I’m going to make the play.“This had not gone unnoticed before the draft — as our own Kent Swanson noted in our 25 Days of Draftmas profile about Thornhill.In a video published by VirginiaSportsTV in October 2016 Armani Watts Jersey , Thornhill credited this ability to playing wide receiver and quarterback — in addition to safety — during high school in tiny Altavista, Virginia.“Playing receiver in high school taught me some of the moves that someone might actually put on you.And me playing quarterback [in high school] helps me out a lot, because I know sometimes when the quarterback is going to lead [the receiver], or [be] in a situation where he might make a back-shoulder [throw].“In high school, Thornhill played on two state champion football teams, and three state champion basketball teams.But he had always set his sights on playing for the University of Virginina — just 90 minutes away in Charlottesville — where he would blossom under the tutelage of defensive coordinator Nick Howell, and learn about a team culture that would be very similar to the one he would eventually find with the Chiefs.“He’s honestly one of the best coaches I’ve ever had,” Thornhill said of Howell to VirginiaSportsTV. “I’ve never had a close bond with one of my coaches before. He’s a coach when we’re on the field, but a friend when we’re off the field. I believe that will bring a unit together and make us a lot better just because your coach is treating you more like family than just a player.”“I like the feeling of that,” he continued, “because the guys don’t feel they’re someone who’s just on my team — a stranger. Everyone has a close bond. We’re more like family.” The Kansas City Chiefs improved to 6-1 by defeating the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday Night Football.Here were the snap counts for the Chiefs:OffenseDefenseSpecial teams (only)Starters (offense): WR Tyreek Hill, LT Eric Fisher, LG Cam Erving Dorian O’Daniel Jersey , C Jordan Devey, RG Andrew Wylie, RT Mitch Schwartz, TE Travis Kelce, WR Sammy Watkins, RB Kareem Hunt, WR Chris Conley, QB Patrick MahomesStarters (defense): NT Derrick Nnadi, RDE Chris Jones, LOLB Dee Ford, LILB Reggie Ragland, RILB Anthony Hitchens, ROLB Breeland Speaks Derrick Nnadi Jersey , LCB Orlando Scandrick, RCB Steve Nelson, S Jordan Lucas, S Ron Parker, CB Kendall FullerActive, but did not play: QB Chad HenneInactive: S Eric Berry, RB Darrel Williams, LB Justin Houston, LB Nate Orchard, OL Mitch Morse, OL Kahlil McKenzie, DT Justin HamiltonTakeaways (in no particular order)No Chiefs skill-position player played more than 90 percent of offensive snaps—wide receiver SammyWatkins and tight end Travis Kelce each had 60 snaps (86 percent), while WR Tyreek Hill had 52 snaps (74 percent).Running back Kareem Hunt needed just 46 offensive snaps (66 percent) to record 141 yards from scrimmage and three total touchdowns. Spencer Ware had 22 offensive snaps in the game. Darrel Williams got in the game for two snaps.Offensive lineman Jeff Allen had two offensive snaps in his return to the lineup.There were no iron men on defense (100 percent of snaps) this week likely thanks to the big lead. Outside linebacker Breeland Speaks led the team with 57 defensive snaps for 97 percent.Coming into the game Breeland Speaks Jersey , linebacker Dorian O’Daniel had 10 defensive snaps. Against the Bengals, due to an injury to Terrance Smith and other factors, which I’m sure we’ll hear more about this week, O’Daniel had 25 defensive snaps (42 percent) and 17 special-teams snaps. The Chiefs are working safety Eric Murray back in (22 defensive snaps for 37 percent), but Jordan Lucas stayed in the lineup as the “starter.” Lucas had 50 defensive snaps (85 percent) in the Chiefs win.Derrick Nnadi earned his third start in a row but had just 22 defensive snaps (37 percent). Xavier Williams had 19 defensive snaps (32 percent). With the Chiefs having a big lead in the third quarter, CB Charvarius Ward, CB/S Josh Shaw, LB Ben Niemann and CB Tremon Smith all saw more action than they may have otherwise.Chad Henne had no snaps, which, according to social media and calls on the post-game show last night, not everybody agreed with.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Agreed Faste
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1148 Themen und 1496 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: