Wir suchen noch Moderatoren für den rF Bereich. Wer Interesse bitte bei Witty melden! Danke

MONTREAL - A recharged Eugenie Bouchard, fresh off her stunning run to the Australian Opens final four, says shes ready to lead

in Mods 17.10.2018 10:32
von jokergreen0220Formel 3 Fahrer | 515 Beiträge

MONTREAL - A recharged Eugenie Bouchard, fresh off her stunning run to the Australian Opens final four, says shes ready to lead the Canadian team against Serbia at this weekends Federation Cup. Cheap NHL Jerseys . Bouchard, who grabbed the tennis worlds attention at last months Grand Slam, will be joined in the best-of-five series by Gabriela Dabrowski of Ottawa, Sharon Fichman of Toronto and Aleksandra Wozniak, of Blainville, Que. The 19-year-old rising tennis star said Wednesday she took time off after the Australian Open, and only worked a little bit on her serve and a few technical issues. "I was definitely physically and mentally tired," Bouchard told a news conference at Montreals Claude-Robillard Sports Complex, the site of Saturday and Sundays indoor World Group II first-round series womens tie. "Im happy with what I did, but never satisfied. I wanted to do better. At the end of the day I lost in the semifinals, so ... I hit the practice court and Im going to continue to work hard on court to try and do better." Bouchard, whose success in Melbourne moved her up to No. 19 in the world rankings, made her Fed Cup debut in 2011 and has a record of 7-2. Last year in Kyiv, Bouchard battled an injured ankle and won two matches, including the decisive doubles match alongside Fichman. That victory gave Canada a place in World Group II for the first time since 2010. Dabrowski, the countrys top-ranked female doubles player at No. 61 in the WTA computer, reached her first two WTA doubles finals in 2013 at Brussels and Linz in addition to winning two doubles titles of the ITF Challenger Circuit. The 26-year-old is 3-0 in Fed Cup play. The 23-year-old Fichman has a 22-7 career record at the Fed Cup, while Wozniak, 26, is 37-9. The Canadians will square off this weekend with a young, less-experienced Serbian team that will be missing two of its top players: Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic, a former world No. 1. Bouchard, who upset Ivanovic in the quarterfinal at the Australian Open, said Wednesday her team would have liked to meet them in the Fed Cup. "I think were all disappointed not to have the two best, Ivanovic and Jankovic, here," said Bouchard. "But now we will take advantage, we will try to do our best and I think we have all the best players in Canada here. They might not have their best, so we will use that to our advantage." Serbian team captain Dejan Vranes said Ivanovic wont play this weekend due to injury and that Jankovic no longer competes in the event. The country will be represented by Nina Stojanovic, 17, Aleksandra Krunic, 20, Jovana Jaksic, 20, and Vesna Dolonc, 24, who at No. 117 is its top-ranked player. Vranes called the Canadians the favourites, particularly since they will be playing in front of a home crowd in a venue that holds some 4,000 fans. "We have a great challenge in front of us, but I believe in our team and I think we have a chance in every match," a confident Vranes told reporters. "Well be ready to fight." The Canadian women, however, are aiming to continue Canadas recent stretch of strong tennis performances. On the mens side, Milos Raonic climbed into the top 10 in the world last year, while Vasek Pospisil also rose in the rankings. Both reached the Rogers Cup semifinals in Montreal last summer and led the Davis Cup team to a first-ever semifinal appearance. Wozniak said she hopes the women can also deliver their own record-breaking finish. "Were looking forward to the challenge, and what the men did, its made history in Canada," Wozniak said. "So, I think for me, and for the team, its important. We would love to make a new history for Canada and win this tie." For Bouchard, who grew up in the Montreal Island community of Westmount, theres the bonus of playing a match in her hometown for the first time in a year and a half. "Its always fun to play in Montreal," said Bouchard, who was asked whether more people seem to recognize her in the city since the Australian Open. "Yeah, for sure, there are people who say, Good luck and that they are proud of me. Its special. Im happy to get compliments like that." Marko Dano Jersey . "Last year didnt go the way we wanted it to, but we need to look at what went well and what didnt go so well. Hopefully this year we will be better," Brendan Gallagher said after practice. This year, the Canadiens have a little more depth to work with by adding players like Daniel Briere, Dale Weise, Mike Weaver, Douglas Murray and arguably, the biggest addition to this playoff roster, Thomas Vanek, who the Canadiens were able to land at the trade deadline. Logan Stanley Jersey . The commissioners office said Friday that Sears tested positive for metabolites of Methandienone. Sears will be 23 in March. He signed with the Braves in June 2013 out of Arizona Christian, an NAIA school, and is on the roster of the rookie-level Gulf Coast League Braves. http://www.nhljetsauthority.com/authentic-steve-mason-jets-jersey/ . TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie tweeted that its believed the Flames are working towards a new contract with the defenceman. VANCOUVER -- John Tortorella was shocked by what he had witnessed, but he wasnt the only one. The Vancouver coach and an announced sellout crowd of 18,910 watched in dismay as the Canucks lost 7-4 to the New York Islanders on Monday night by squandering a 3-0 lead in the third period. "This is a kick in the teeth," said Tortorella "Its certainly going to take a little bit more than normal coachs speak (to get) by this game." Matt Martins goal at 10:04 of the third proved to be the winner as the Islanders rallied with seven third period goals, including four in the first 6:22. New Yorks first three goals came on power plays and its fourth came one second after another Vancouver penalty had expired. "A 3-0 deficit going into the third period, we were pretty deflated," said Martin. "The coaches came in and made it clear we didnt do enough in the second period and we didnt play for one another, and if we didnt pick up our game in the third period theyd have no problem taking guys out of the lineup and not dressing everybody." Josh Bailey, Ryan Strome, Calvin de Haan, Frans Nielsen, Anders Lee and Cal Clutterbuck also scored for the Islanders (25-33-9). "Ive never been in a game like that as far as seeing a period like that, because we were playing so well going in," said Tortorella. "In between periods, we talked about the things we needed to do to nail that game down, but we really put ourselves in a jam with some bad penalties and they gained momentum a" His voice trailed off and then he continued: "What could happen, happened. And, its been going on for a little while here, since eternity. But, somehow, weve gotta try and put it behind us." Chris Higgins, Henrik Sedin, Ryan Kesler and Chris Tanev scored for the Canucks (29-28-10), who suffered their 12th loss in the past 14 games. "We just took some bad penalties and they had some seeing-eye shots that went in and got the momentum," said Higgins. "We battled back to tie it up and they scored that fifth goal." Rookie Nicklas Jensen was in the box for New Yorks first two goals. The first penalty, a slaashing infraction late in the second period, prevented a goal. Mathieu Perreault Jersey. But the second one was a holding call in the offensive zone. The penalties spoiled what could have been an extremely memorable night for Jensen as he recorded his first NHL point with an assist on Sedins goal. New York converted four of eight man-advantage opportunities while Vancouver was good on two of four. Islanders goaltender Evgeni Nabokov made 20 saves for the win as Eddie Lack stopped 21 shots for the Canucks. "Its was a very weird third period," said Lack. "Its not only the (penalty killers) fault, its my fault, too. I need to stop the puck and I didnt tonight." After Bailey put the Isles on the scoreboard 1:13 into the third, Strome, on a five-on-three, and de Haan scored seconds apart to create a 3-3 tie. Nielsen put the Islanders ahead 4-3 just under three minutes later as he put in a shot from the wing. The crowd let out a huge roar of relief after Tanev brought the Canucks even at 9:54 of the third. Martin, however, gave the Isles the lead only 10 seconds later on a backhand from the slot, and Lee padded New Yorks lead just a minute and 44 seconds later. A disappointed Kesler said the Canucks have to start playing like they still want to make the playoffs. "Being up 3-0 and the blowing it like that, its embarrassing," he said. Notes-Alex Burrows drew an assist on Keslers goal, earning his 300th NHL career point. a The Islanders had seven rookies in their lineup.a The Isles lost Michael Grabner, a former Canuck, to an upper-body injury late in the second period following a collision with Vancouver defenceman Tanev. a Canucks winger Zack Kassian served the second of a three-game suspensiona The game was rare in that it featured three Denmark natives - Jensen and Jannik Hansen of the Canucks and Nielsen of the Islanders. All three of them earned points. Only seven Danish players have suited up in the NHL this season. a Monday marked the ninth anniversary of the Aquilini Investment Groups purchase of the Canucks from former owner John McCaw. a Islanders defenceman Thomas Hickey is the only player to suit up for all 67 of their games this season. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Agreed Faste
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1150 Themen und 1498 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: